Skiatook Soccer Club (SSC) adheres to all laws of the game as adopted by US Youth Soccer and Oklahoma Soccer Association (OSA). US Youth Soccer laws can be found here.
Game Ball Sizes: U6-U8 Size 3
U10-U12 Size 4
U14-U19 Size 5
SSC has adopted guidelines for U6 and U8 age groups. All laws will be followed as adopted by US Youth Soccer including the following:
- Opponents should be at least 5 yards back on goal kicks. Referee may place opponents on their own side of the field if the team is dominant.
- Substitutions at quarters only, unless player is injured or otherwise unable to play. Consideration should also be given for extreme weather conditions.
- If a player is crying, the referee may stop the game to ask if the coach wishes to substitute for that player, but the referee cannot force the player to leave the playing field.
- We will follow US Youth Soccer U8 small sided game laws. This includes unlimited substitutions at any stoppage of play. It is the responsibility of the coaches to manage the players playing time to ensure that 50% play time is allotted for players.
- All free kicks will be indirect.